Saturday 7 September 2013

Tenderstem and Tofu Sesame Stir Fry

Tenderstem Broccoli and Tofu Sesame Stir Fry
 
Well that was a lot of alliteration for one blog post title!!! My family of primary school teachers would be very proud – but they’re all too busy focussing on school work now that it’s the beginning of term!
My parents have been home from their holiday for just over a week now and so the two weeks Mr KG and I have spent “playing house” have come to an end.
Playing house with Mr KG has been lots of fun – and as I pointed out in my last post – he’s certainly had me cooking up a storm in the kitchen. I see it as all good practice for when we finally make the big move together. We’ve shared the house chores, we’ve menu planned and managed to buy our food on a budget! So all in all it’s looking good – we may well survive living together yet!

 
 
This was one of my favourite recipes from the two weeks together. Despite being a LT vegetarian, Mr KG has never really been a big lover of tofu. I’ve tried all sorts including marinating it myself for DAYS but he still said it lacked much flavour. (Lacked much flavour?! An insult if ever I heard one.) Vegetarian brands Quorn and Cauldron have both got better with their tofu offerings and you can now buy pre-marinated and smoked tofu.
For this recipe we used the marinated tofu but we’ve also used the smoked and I can assure you both tastes just as good.


It seems it wasn’t just us who loved this recipe though... The Tenderstem Twitter account runs a “fan of the month” competition and it got a lot of praise when they not only retweeted the pics from my instagram account but also put it onto their facebook page!
Tenderstem are in NO way sponsoring this post but I will not lie – if you were thinking of doing this stir fry with any other type of broccoli, think again. Tenderstem broccoli is my go to broccoli for any stir fry because of its amazing flavour and texture when stir fried.
The sesame is what really brings this stir fry to life though. If you can get hold of sesame oil I think it would be a great addition to the dish taking the flavours to that next level.
Once you’ve hunted the oil down, here’s the rest of what you’ll need to make this delicious dish:

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...